Monday, June 8, 2009

Photo Journal Day 3: Monday

Well, today was my day to drive. I took the helm from the doorstep of our wigwam until we reached Albuquerque. Along the way, we crossed yet another state line, stopped in Gallup, NM for brunch with a friend of Steph's, experienced what I think was the most scenic portion of the old Route 66 highway (thus far), and eventually made our way to Albuquerque where we spent the afternoon at the Rio Grande Zoo.

Photo highlights:



We've made it to state #3!



Some of the landscape along the way


Our brunch location. Hope you don't mind green chile sauce on your breakfast sopapilla!




The main street through Gallup, NM



An old theater in Gallup



Time to hit the road again!



At one point, we had to pretty much drive around a huge mesa!



Here's the mesa from a little further distance...




At the Rio Grande Zoo. The sign says:
Shhhhh! Pregnant Snow Leopard



Cute Koala!



A baby chimp



A cool throne in the African section of the zoo



Wish I could just sit around all day long...



A cool Route 66 archway heading into downtown Albuquerque



The marker at the end of the bridge just before crossing the Rio Grande
Well, that should catch us up to present. Depending on the internet situation tomorrow night, I'll try to update you on our adventures that await us tomorrow! Thanks for checking in on us!

1 comment:

  1. My hometown. And you made it to the zoo. I'll be there in a week. How did you like it?

    ReplyDelete