A few months ago, Steph sent out an e-mail announcing the mother of all road trips. (See below)
Want to come? Yeah, I thought so.
The plan for the trip... is to not have a plan. Something looks fun? We'll stop there. Giant whale on the side of the road? Yep, definitely stopping. World's largest ball of twine? Must take photo! We're looking at somewhere in the neighborhood of 2,200 miles total. Obviously we have to have some sort of idea how far to go each day so we actually get home, but it'll be very flexible...
After this announcement was made, Steph constructed the "Map Room". We held our first official planning meeting in the MR, complete with access to Google, various maps, notebooks, and a mileage grid. We were able to plan our route with planned stops and overnighters along the way. I can't wait to get started!
Join us while we get our kicks on Route 66. You can be sure to expect numerous updates. (There are 5 of us and I am sure that we'll all have something to say.) :)
Join us while we get our kicks on Route 66. You can be sure to expect numerous updates. (There are 5 of us and I am sure that we'll all have something to say.) :)
No comments:
Post a Comment